SURE SHOT DECODING OF POLITY PRELIM PYQ
SURE SHOT POLITY TOPICS COVERED:
7.PANCHAYAT/LOCAL GOVERNMENTS/PRI (2011-2020 ):
8.SCHEDULES OF CONSTITUTION(2011-2020 )
9. HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF CONSTITUTION(2011-2020 )
10. FORM OF GOVERNMENTS(2011-2020 )
11. CITIZENSHIP(2011-2020 )
12. CENTRE – STATE / INTER STATE RELATION(2011-2020 )
13. PRESIDENT/ GOVERNOR/EMERGENCY PROVISION(2011-2020 )
14. VICE PRESIDENT(2011-2020 )
15. PRIME/CHIEF MINISTER(2011-2020 )
16. STATE LEGISLATURE/ STATE COUNCIL(2011-2020 )
17. CONSTITUTIONAL BODIES (2011-2020 )
18. NON CONSTITUTIONAL BODIES (2011-2020 )
20. MISCLLENOUS: 2011-2020
4. FUNDAMENTAL DUTIES(2011-2020 )
Under the constitution of India, which one of the following is not a fundamental duty?
(a) To vote in public elections
(b) To develop the scientific temper
(c) To safeguard public property
(d) To abide by the Constitution and respect its ideals
Which of the following is/are among the Fundamental Duties of citizens laid down in the Indian Constitution?
1. To preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture.
2. To protect the weaker sections from social injustice.
3. To develop the scientific temper and spirit of inquiry.
4. To strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 1, 3 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
“To uphold and protect the Sovereignty Unity and Integrity of India” is a provision made in the
a) Preamble of the Constitution
b) Directive Principles of State Policy
c) Fundamental Rights
d) Fundamental Duties
It has been mentioned in Article 51-A of the Constitution (Fundamental Duties)
Consider the following statements:
1. The Legislative Council of a state in India can be larger in size than half of the Legislative Assembly of that particular state.
2. The Governor of a state nominates the Chairman of Legislative Council of that particular state.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
The maximum strength of the council is fixed at one-third of the total strength of the assembly and the minimum strength is fixed at 40 (with some exceptions).
The Chairman of the Legislative Council is elected by the council itself from amongst its members.
Source: Laxmikanth – Indian Polity – Chapter 29 (State Legislatures)
Which of the following statements is/are true of the Fundamental Duties of an Indian citizen?
- A legislative process has been provided to enforce these duties.
- They are correlative to legal duties.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(c)Both 1 and 2
(d)Neither 1 nor 2
There is no legislative process provided to enforce the Fundamental duties and they are not correlative to legal duties. Like the Directive Principles, the fundamental duties are also non-justiciable. The Constitution does not provide for their direct enforcement by the courts. Moreover, there is no legal sanction against their violation.
TOPICS COVERED: UPSC PRELIMS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS 2011-2020 : DECODED: