Regarding the International Monetary Fund, which one of the following statements is correct?
(a) It can grant loans to any country
(b) It can grant loans to only developed countries
(c) It grants loans to only member countries
(d) It can grant loans to the central bank of a country
With reference to the International Monetary and Financial Committee (IMFC), consider the following statements :
- IMFC discusses matters of concern affecting the global economy, and advises the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on the direction of its work.
- The World Bank participates as observer in IMFC’s meetings.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- Recently, which one of the following currencies has been proposed to be added to the basket of IMF’s SDR?
(c) Indian Rupee
- In the context of which of the following do you sometimes find the terms `amber box, blue box and green box’ in the news?
(a) WTO affairs
(b) SAARC affairs
(c) UNFCCC affairs
(d) India-EU negotiations on FTA
Which of the following gives ‘Global Gender Gap Index’ ranking to the countries of the world?
(a)World Economic Forum
(b)UN Human Rights Council
(d)World Health Organization
With reference to the ‘National Intellectual Property Rights Policy’, consider the following statements:
- It reiterates India’s commitment to the Doha Development Agenda and the TRIPS Agreement.
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion is the nodal agency for regulating intellectual property rights in India.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(c)Both 1 and 2
(d)Neither 1 nor 2
The Global Infrastructure Facility is a/an
(a)ASEAN initiative to upgrade infrastructure in Asia and financed by credit from the Asian Development Bank.
(b)World Bank collaboration that facilities the preparation and structuring of complex infrastructure Public-Private Partnership (PPPs) to enable mobilization of private sector and institutional investor capital.
(c)Collaboration among the major banks of the world working with the OECD and infrastructure projects that have the potential to mobilize private investment.
(d)UNCTAD funded initiative that seeks to finance and facilitate infrastructure development in the World.
International Labour Organization’s Convention 138 and 182 are related to
(b)Adaptation of agricultural practices to global climate change
(c)Regulation of food prices and food security
(d)Gender parity at the workplace
India enacted the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999 in order to comply with the obligations to
Gold tranche(Reserve tranche) refers to
(a) A loan system of World bank
(b) One of the operations of a central bank
(c) A credit system of WTO granted to its members
(d) A credit system granted by IMF to its members