- Which one of the following books of ancient India has the love story of the son of the founder of Sunga dynasty?
- Who of the following had first deciphered the edicts of Emperor Ashoka?
(a) Georg Bilhler
(b) James Prinsep
(c) Max Muller
(d) William Jones
With reference to the Scholars/literatures of ancient India, consider the following statements:
- Panini is associated with Pushyamitra
- Amarsimha is associated with Harshavardhana
- Kalidasa is associated with chandragupta-II
Which of the above given statements is/are correct-
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
Who among the following rulers advised his subjects through this inscription?
“Whosoever praises his religious sect or blames other sects out of excessive devotion to his own sect, with the view of glorifying his own sect, he rather injures his own sect very severely ”
With reference to the period of Gupta dynasty in ancient India, the towns Ghantasala, kadura and Chaul were well known as
(a) ports handling foreign trade.
(b) capitals of powerful kingdoms.
(c)places of exquisite stone art and architecture.
(d) important Buddhist pilgrimage centres.
- With reference to the cultural history of India, the memorizing of chronicles, dynastic histories and Epictales was the profession of who of the following?