National Movement-I :1905-1918:Modern History UPSC PYQ 2011-2020
|Annie Besant was
1. responsible for starting the Home Rule Movement
2. the founder of the Theosophical Society
3. once the President of the Indian National Congress
Select the correct statement/statements using the codes given below.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
|The Ghadr (Ghadar) was a
(a) revolutionary association of Indians with headquarters at San Francisco.
(b) nationalist organization operating from Singapore.
(c) militant organisation with headquarters at Berlin
(d) Communist movement for India”s freedom with head-quarters at Tashkent.
|The Rowlatt Act aimed at
(a) compulsory economic support to war efforts.
(b) imprisonment without trial and summary procedures for trial.
(c) suppression of the Khilafat Movement.
(d) imposition of restrictions on freedom of the press.
With reference to Rowlatt Satyagraha, which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. The Rowlatt Act was based on the recommendations of the ‘Sedition Committee’
2. In Rowlatt Satyagraha Gandhiji tried to use the Home Rule League
3. Demonstrations against the Simon Commission coincided with the Rowlatt Satyagraha
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
a) 1 only
b) 1 and 2 only
c) 2 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
Excerpt from Sumit Sarkar’s Modern India
Which one of the following is a very significant aspect of the Champaran Satyagraha?
(a)Active all-India participation of lawyers, students and women in the National Movement
(b)Active involvement of Dalit and Tribal communities of India in the National Movement
(c)Joining of peasant unrest to India’s National Movement
(d)Drastic decrease in the cultivation of plantation crops and commercial crops
With reference to the British colonial rule in India, consider the following statements:
1. Mahatma Gandhi was instrumental in the abolition of the system of ‘indentured labour’.
2. In Lord Chelmsford’s War Conference’, Mahatma Gandhi did not support the resolution on recruiting Indians for World War.
3. Consequent upon the breaking of Salt Law by Indian people, the Indian National Congress was declared illegal by the colonial rulers.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a)1 and 2 only
(b)1 and 3 only
(c)2 and 3 only
(d)1, 2 and 3